MALE BREAST REDUCTION/ GYNECOMASTIA
- Gynecomastia is a condition of over-developed or enlarged breasts in men that can occur at any age.
- Male breast tissue swells due to reduced male hormones (testosterone) or increased female hormones (estrogen). This can transiently occur during normal development of boys, resulting in gynecomastia in infants or during puberty.
- In this gynecomastia usually resolves on its own as hormone levels return to normal. In other cases, but sometimes it resolves on its own medical conditions or medical treatments can create the hormonal environment in the body that allows gynecomastia to develop.
- Gynecomastia can cause emotional discomfort and impair your self-confidence. Some men may even avoid certain physical activities and intimacy simply to hide their condition.
- Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contour. Several methods can be used including liposuction, ultrasonic liposuction, and direct excision.
- Dr. Khan’s patients have been extremely grateful and pleased with the improvements achieved with gynecomastia surgery.