Breast Explant Specialist & Breast Implant Illness Advocate
Dr. Shaher W. Khan, M.D.
Dr. Shaher Khan is well-respected by patients and medical professional alike. He believes that patient education and realistic expectation are key to the success of any surgical procedure. He utilizes his YouTube channel Khan Plastic Surgery Academy to educate patients and fellow physicians alike. Dr. Khan will take the time to get to know you, to understand your goals and to provide you with information and options to allow you to make the best decision regarding your surgery. After completing his General Surgery residency, Dr. Khan dedicated another three years in fellowship training for Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery at the highly ranked Detroit Medical Center.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Khan.
Plastic surgery training includes sixteen years of post-high school education, including specific training in reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery under direct supervision. Board-certified plastic surgeons have not only met very demanding requirements in order to sit for their boards, but they have also successfully passed a written and a 2-day oral examination, being critically evaluated for their fund of knowledge, their ethical standing, and their safe and effective approach to multiple reconstructive and cosmetic challenges.
- Board Certified – American Board of General Surgery
- Board Certified – American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Connecticut Chapter of the American College of Surgeons 2006 annual meeting, Resident
- Competition: 1st Place Award in: “Histological Comparison of Sheet Dermal Regeneration Template versus Meshed Dermal Regeneration Template with Sub-Atmospheric Pressure in Reconstruction.” CT-American College of Surgeons. Meriden, CT
- Recipient of the “North American Burn Society” Scholarship Feb, 06. Best clinical presentation.”Dermal Regeneration Template in Stacked Fashion for Reconstruction of a Deep Sacral Wound.” Jackson Hole, WY
- Winner of “Acticoat Case Study Contest”. “Use of Acticoat in the Successful Management of a Severe Burn Coexisting with a Wound Infection in a Diabetic Patient”. Boswick Conference.
- Winner of “Acticoat and Versajet Case Study Contest”. Title: “Use of Acticoat and Versajet in the Successful Management of a Severe Contact Burn to the Face, Hand, and Chest”. Boswick Conference.
- Recipient of the “North American Burn Society Scholarship”. Best clinical paper: “Closure of a Complex Traumatic Scalp Wound with 7 Consecutive Layers of Dermal Regeneration Template”. Presented at the NABS conference.
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Michigan Association of Plastic Surgery
- American Burn Association
- North American Burn Society
- American Medical Association
- House of Charity
Chicago Medical School