For many women, uplifted and firm breasts are a source of comfort, confidence, and pride. But pregnancy, breastfeeding, aging, and weight changes can lead to sagging and the loss of firmness, making the breast droop downwards. Dr. Khan is a breast surgeon in Novi who performs a personalized breast lift surgery to lift and shape your breasts to restore optimal proportions.
Restore the shape and firmness of your breasts
When you’re young, your breasts sit firmly on your chest wall. But as you grow older, excess skin and tissues can make your breasts droop downwards, further catalyzed by pregnancy, nursing, and weight fluctuations. A breast lift raises your breasts higher on the chest wall, making it the most effective means of restoring your youthful contours.
What is a breast lift?
A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, is a surgical procedure to uplift drooping breasts and nipples. The surgeon makes strategic incisions to trim away excess skin tissues and fat deposits, following which the breast is repositioned at a higher position on the chest wall. This procedure can make your breasts look firm, shapely, and symmetrical.
Benefits of breast lift:
- Reverse the effects of pregnancy, nursing, weight changes, and aging on the breasts
- Make the breasts look more upright, firm, and shapely
- Improve the symmetry and proportions of your breasts
- Make the nipples point straight ahead instead of downwards
- Improve the shape and size of the areola
- Make the breasts look more youthful and attractive
Am I a suitable candidate for a breast lift?
You may consider a breast lift if you’re embarrassed by your breast, have indentations in your skin from bra straps, have irregularly shaped areolas, or want to reverse the effects of aging and childbirth on your breasts. Generally speaking, candidates for a breast lift should be in good general health and have realistic expectations from the procedure. Breast surgeon in Novi, Dr. Khan will evaluate your condition and discuss your goals to determine if you’re a good candidate for a breast lift.
Your personalized breast lift journey in Michigan
Your breast lift journey starts with a thorough consultation with Dr. Khan. He will review your medical history, ask why you’re pursuing a breast lift, understand your concerns and goals, and administer medical tests to curate a personalized breast lift plan. Your treatment plan will be based on numerous factors, including your goals, the degree of skin laxity and excess skin, and the size and position of your areolas.
Your breast lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia at our accredited surgical facility. Dr. Khan will make strategic incisions around the breasts, but the location of the incision will depend on your specific goals and concerns. The following are the possible incisions used:
- Anchor Incision: The surgeon makes three incisions — one around the areola, another from the areola to the breast fold, and another horizontal incision along the breast fold. This incision is suitable for patients with excessive sagging.
- Lollipop Incision: The surgeon makes two incisions — one around the areola and another from the areola to the breast fold. This is suitable for moderate breast sagging.
- Donut Incision: The surgeon only makes one incision around the areola, so the incision is completely hidden. This is suitable for mild to moderate breast sagging.
- Crescent Incision: The breast surgeon in Novi makes an extremely small incision along the upper half of the areola. This incision is only suitable for minimal breast sagging.
Dr. Khan will select the incision style based on the degree of skin laxity, the position of the nipples, and your goals. He will remove excess skin tissues and lift your breasts to a higher position on the chest wall, reposition the nipple and areola to create a balanced look, and potentially reduce the size of the areola. The procedure concludes within 2 to 3 hours.
After your breast lift, you will have to wear a surgical bra to support your breasts. Most patients need to take a week or two off work to recover. You can expect soreness, tenderness, discomfort, bruising, swelling, and numbness around the breasts for a few weeks. Your side effects will gradually dissipate over a few months. You can resume workouts and other strenuous activities after four to six weeks.
Why choose Dr. Khan?
Dr. Khan is a double board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon and breast implant illness advocate. He carefully listens to his patients, understands their goals and concerns, and curates personalized treatment plans that ensure optimal safety and aesthetic results. Please schedule a consultation with breast surgeon in Novi, Dr. Khan to explore your breast lift options.