Dr. Shaher W. Khan ( M.D. )
Dr. Khan is double board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as General Surgery. Dr. Khan pledges to you 100% honesty and transparency in your experience at Executive Plastic Surgeon.
Dr. Shaher Khan is well-respected by patients and medical professional alike. He believes that patient education and realistic expectation are key to the success of any surgical procedure. He utilizes his YouTube channel Khan Plastic Surgery Academy to educate patients and fellow physicians alike. Dr. Khan will take the time to get to know you, to understand your goals and to provide you with information and options to allow you to make the best decision regarding your surgery. After completing his General Surgery residency, Dr. Khan dedicated another three years in fellowship training for Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery at the highly ranked Detroit Medical Center.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Khan.
- Wayne State University/ Detroit Medical Center Department of Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
- University Hospitals / Case Medical Center General Surgery Department of Surgery
- Yale University School of medicine, department of Surgery Categorical Surgical Resident, Yale New Haven Hospital.
- Fellowship in Burns and Surgical Critical Care; Andrew J. Panettieri Burn Center, Department of Surgery Section of Trauma, Burns, and Surgical Critical Care
- Chicago Medical School
- Connecticut Chapter of the American College of Surgeons 2006 annual meeting, Resident
- Competition: 1st Place Award in: “Histological Comparison of Sheet Dermal Regeneration Template versus Meshed Dermal Regeneration Template with Sub-Atmospheric Pressure in Reconstruction.” CT-American College of Surgeons. Meriden, CT
- Recipient of the “North American Burn Society” Scholarship Feb, 06. Best clinical presentation.”Dermal Regeneration Template in Stacked Fashion for Reconstruction of a Deep Sacral Wound.” Jackson Hole, WY
- Winner of “Acticoat Case Study Contest”. “Use of Acticoat in the Successful Management of a Severe Burn Coexisting with a Wound Infection in a Diabetic Patient”. Boswick Conference.
- Winner of “Acticoat and Versajet Case Study Contest”. Title: “Use of Acticoat and Versajet in the Successful Management of a Severe Contact Burn to the Face, Hand, and Chest”. Boswick Conference.
- Recipient of the “North American Burn Society Scholarship”. Best clinical paper: “Closure of a Complex Traumatic Scalp Wound with 7 Consecutive Layers of Dermal Regeneration Template”. Presented at the NABS conference.
- Toyoda Y, K han S, Weimen Chen, Parker RA, Levitsky S, McCully,J.”Effects of NHE-1 Inhibition on Cardioprotection and its Impact on Protection by K/Mg Cardioplegia
.”Annals of Thoracic Surgery; 09 / 2001, Volume: 72, Pages: 836-843.
- James Jeng MD, Philip Fidler MD, Julio Sokolich MD, Amin Jaskille MD, Shaher Khan MD, Patricia White RN, James Street MD, Timothy Light MD, Marion Jordan MD.”Seven Year’s Experience with Integra as a Reconstructive Tool.” Journal of Burn Care and Research. 2007 Jan-Feb;28(1):120-6.
- Kaine EC, Fidler P, Schulz JT, Khan S, Crombie R, Dalton S, Warren A, Labonte E, Palmer J, Possenti P, Laird J, Atweh N. “Roll-Bar for Protective Posture Splint Limits Potential Trauma to Dorsal Hand Grafts.” Journal of Burn Care and Research. 2008 January/February;29(1):204-207.
- Diana Ponsky, MD, Donald J. Harvey MS IV, Shaher W. Khan MD, Bahman Guyuron MD.”Nose Elongation: A Review and Description of the Septal Extension Tongue-and-Groove Technique.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal 30 (3) 335–346.
Plastic surgery training includes sixteen years of post-high school education, including specific training in reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery under direct supervision. Board-certified plastic surgeons have not only met very demanding requirements in order to sit for their boards, but they have also successfully passed a written and a 2-day oral examination, being critically evaluated for their fund of knowledge, their ethical standing, and their safe and effective approach to multiple reconstructive and cosmetic challenges.
Board Certified – American Board of General Surgery
Board Certified – American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American College of Surgeons
American Society of Plastic Surgery
Michigan Association of Plastic Surgery
American Burn Association
North American Burn Society
American Medical Association
House of Charity